Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Little Tremor....


...was all that was felt here in Idaho this past Thursday. But in Northeastern Nevada, a 6.0 earthquake hit the small town of Wells, Nevada. Almost all of the buildings in town (all 700) had some damage to them. Mostly in the historic district...which is sad, since some of the buildings were built as early as 1860.
But thankfully no one was injured!

Living in the Northwest...we've felt a few shakes! But fortunately haven't experienced any injury or damage from them. Have you had any similar experiences?

Suzanne~Pear Tree Primitives

(photo: Ross Anderson/Free Press)

3 comments:

Lana Manis said...

Goodness Suzanne! That would be scary to deal with, but thank goodness no one was hurt.
I suppose the strongest (I'll have to research that) earthquake we've had here in TN was the one in 1811 (or was it 1812?) that created Reelfoot Lake ~ NOT that I'm old enough to remember!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh my goodness!!
I had no idea...
where have I been??

we had a slight shake in IL
about 20 years ago..
just felt it slightly
we had no idea what it was
until the TV News reported it.

deena

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Well....I grew up in Alaska...and the biggie in Anchorage is not a faded memory!! Earthquakes are interesting, to say the least!! Trudy now in Colorado