Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pink Artist Community Art Doll Project


had a vision. 

That vision was to have artis's make cloth 2" by 2" squares
that would become an art doll to benefit  Susan G. Komen

The completed doll will be mailed to
before finally being auctioned off on eBay
with all proceeds to directly benefit the Komen Foundation.

So many of us have been touched in some way by
Breast Cancer, either mom, sister, daughter, even 
ourselves, that Monica received a HUGE response from artist
community.

I'd like to thank Monica whole heartedly for her vision, for
her caring & for all the work she's put into this endeavor.
Please take time to view  the wonderful  Artist Squares
**All THREE PAGES**

tis truly a work of love & caring.





My contribution as Birds of a Feather


Thanks so much to Monica & the artistic community!!

1 comment:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Deena, you are such a SWEETIE! What a way to start the day- with love, kindness and friendship. The squares are MAGIC, I can vouch for that- in my hands each one is held and I can feel the strength and LOVE that poured into these.

I'm planning to take that one week off now to work on our doll. When she is complete (have no idea how long that will take) I def. will go back in and share each story behind the squares. Until then if you click on the links of the ones with blogs you will discover on their blog the journey that lead to their participation.

I'm overjoyed by the group members- last count is 193 members. The squares are still arriving daily so I'll keep posting until it stops. :)

THANK YOU for the big hug here on your blog, if you can't tell... I'm hugging you right back. :):):)

~Monica