Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Sunny Studio



Several years ago I was lucky enough to convince my husband to turn our garage into my studio. It sits in the far corner of our yard with windows on three sides and French doors on the other. I’ve got lots of cubbies for my wool, and counter space and cabinets for hiding all sorts of other stuff. (I have too much stuff!) And I can’t forget the shelves for my ever-growing reference library. (I love books almost as much as I love textiles!)



I heat the studio with a wood stove and in the summer, the ceiling fan keeps me cool. My little couch is the perfect place for a nap on rainy afternoons.



It’s great to have a place to work in that I can just shut the door on. If I don’t want to clean up, I don’t have to, although between all the wool dust from cutting and hooking and the ash from the wood stove in the winter, I have to vacuum fairly often.



The one thing I am missing is a dye kitchen. There’s no running water out there. But, of course, I have a big enough stash that I shouldn’t have to dye! And I can always raid my sister Barb’s wool pile!

Thanks for visiting!

Sarah
Hallowed Hill Primitives

7 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Wow..I can't believe how big AND clean it is!!
have you any wool?? yes sir yes sir ..three bags full!
woohoo

Suzanne said...

Love your studio....one of my dreams is having my very own *sigh*!
Thanks for sharing the photos...and yes, you do have a lot of wool! :)

Anonymous said...

Your 'wool room' is just a dream! If I had a room like that, I would live in it and never come out! (except to go buy more wool)

Thanks for sharing Sarah!

Unknown said...

Lucky you, Sarah!! I'm envious!!:o)

Lana Manis said...

I love your studio Sarah! Wish me luck in getting mine finished on time this summer...

Lana

ps. will Barb share her wool with non-family? lol!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah!! I just LOVE your studio!!! I can't wait to have one in my basement at some point. I will be taking over half of it and setting up stations to work so that I can have everything in my reach!! Your studio is so inspiring!! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Tink

Stillwaters Music said...

OK...my dream has now been completely visualized! Thank you for taking pictures of it!! :D
Nena